If you are coming to Vancouver, you will probably want to know of a few places to go for dinner, meet with friends, and enjoy the city. Vancouver is a big foodie town..so you will find that you will not be disappointed by walking around the city to find your craving. Here is a list of some of the places we enjoy visiting… (in no particular order) However.. feel free to add more of your own to make the list grow.
- Kedoya – http://www.kadoya.ca/
Good affordable sushi and lots of fun rolls, ask for the “jumping roll” if you want a dessert of banana roll with whipped cream and pop rocks on top!
- Alpha – http://www.plusalfa.com/
Great sushi, daily drink specials and fun menus.
Japanesetapas/izakaya, great sake, fun atmosphere.
Best place in town for poutine ( a must in Canada). you will see huge lineups after the clubs let out!
- Nuba – http://www.nuba.ca/
Lebanese wraps and dishes, a few different locations to choose from .
- Banana Leaf – http://www.bananaleaf-vancouver.com/
Malaysian variety of dishes, and for those who love young coconut juice, they bring you a whole coconut with a twisty straw.
- Subeez – http://www.subeez.com/
Cheap food and drinks, more of a hipster hangout place but very popular.
- Benkei Noodles – http://benkeiramen.com/home.html
Japanese noodle/ramen house, a few different locations.
- Peaceful Noodles – http://www.peacefulrestaurant.com/
Chinese hand crafted fresh noodles, traditional dishes.
- Fresh Bowl – http://www.freshbowl.ca/
On the go fresh and healthy meals with a southEast asian twist
- The Dirty Apron – http://deli.dirtyapron.com/
On the go deli with sandwhiches and bagettes. It’s also an awesome cooking school (if you want to learn something while you are in town).
- Jugo Juice – http://www.jugojuice.com/
Juice bar, wraps and healthy snacks.
Mid Range (18+)
- Shuraku – http://www.shuraku.net/
Awesome sushi, cool atmosphere, sake list.. you HAVE to try the BBQ ribs while you are here.
- Zakkushi - http://www.zakkushi.com/
Japanese Tapas,zakkushi-izakaya. Think grilled skewers Japanese style.. extremely tasty!
- Earls – http://www.earls.ca/
One of the chain restaurants in the city, but on the higher end. Good food, great drinks, cool hangout, trendy.
- Joeys – http://www.joeyrestaurants.com/
Similar to earls, cool place and good food.
- Milestones – http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/
Another of the chain restaurants in the city, pretty casual and they offer great brunch until 4pm on the weekends!
- Cactus Club – http://www.cactusclubcafe.com/
Similar to milestones, but are mostly known for having the cute waitresses.
- Cafe Medina – http://www.medinacafe.com/
Great place for brunch, amazing lavender lattes and yummy mini waffles.
- Salt Tasting Room – http://www.salttastingroom.com/
A tasting room specializing in artisinal cheese, small-batch cured meats, and a dynamic array of wines, beers and sherries.
- Wild Rice – http://www.wildricevancouver.com/
Modern Chinese cuisine.
- Chill Winstons – http://chillwinston.com/Chill_Winston/hello.patioday.html
A trendy lounge in gastown offering a creative international menu and drinks.
- Revel Room – http://www.revelroom.ca/Revel/Welcome.html
Nice ambiance, good tapas, and live music. A bit more of an intimate setting,
Laid back, good food and drinks in yaletown
- Hapa Izakaya – http://hapaizakaya.com/
Japaneseizakaya/tapas in yaletown.
Expensive (25+) but OH so worth it!!
- Vijs – http://www.vijs.ca/
Amazing indian cuisine, cooked by a full female kitchen from scratch each morning. No reservations, so expect to wait for at least an hour in the lounge.. but you get free appys!
- Black and Blue- http://www.glowbalgroup.com/blackblue/
All the pleasures of the flesh are served—from classic cuts of beef to the finest sipping bourbon. Make your next meal a rare occasion. The Golden Age of Steak is back.
- Gotham Steakhouse – http://www.gothamsteakhouse.com/
Tender, succulent beef. A stiff drink. A luxuriously comfortable room—and good company. Think moody godfather feel but without the cigar smoke!
- Chambar – http://www.chambar.com/
Trendy Belgium restaurant – great food, cool ambiance.
- Boneta – http://www.boneta.ca/
Wine list, good food, trendy spot in gastown.
- Coast – http://www.coastrestaurant.ca/
Premiere seafood restaurant, with nice decor and cool atmosphere.
- Minami – http://minamirestaurant.com/
Really tasty sushi, and great atmosphere, they also offer the aburi style or flame seared technique on the sushi… which is AMAZING!
- Tojo’s – http://www.tojos.com/
Award winning sushi/sashimi… considered the best in vancouver.. maybe even canada!
If you love sushi and dont mind spending the $$.. this is the place for you. (expect 100+ per person for Omakase)
- Cafe Artigiano – http://www.caffeartigiano.com/
Awesome coffee using the freshest 49th parallel beans.
- Revolver Coffee – http://www.yelp.com/biz/revolver-vancouver
Amazing coffees and extra fresh beans. This is the place that will make any coffee snob happy.
- The Buzz Café & Espresso Bar – http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-buzz-caf%C3%A9-and-espresso-bar-vancouver-2
Very laid back place to get some nice coffees and also enjoy their art gallery.
- JJ bean – http://www.jjbeancoffee.com/
Simple, one the chains in the city, good coffee.
- Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar - http://dinehere.ca/vancouver/michi-waffle-espresso-bar
Good beans, unique lattes, and waffles!! They are also open a tad later, so a good place for a late snack with coffee.
- Elysian Cafe – http://www.elysiancoffee.com/
fresh, good beans. Great coffee.
- Raw Canvas – http://rawcanvas.com/
Eat, drink, make art…laid back atmosphere, you can have a coffee and make a painting!